Sunday, November 14, 2010

time management

So its 7o'clock on a Sunday and I just finished lesson planning for Monday.

In all honesty I'm an easily distractable person who sometimes has a tendency to wait until Sunday to plan for the week or day ahead. So this blog entry is to discuss time management.

Every teacher pretty much gets 2 prep periods a day, well at least in my school in addition to lunch. For me I have 3rd,4th and 5th periods off. Most days I struggle to find something to do for 3 periods straight.

Suggestion number 1: Do as much as you can while your at work and during your prep periods
-I'm finally starting to realise I can't save it all for home. Home is where you should rest.
-learn from your mistakes and mine

Suggestion number 2: Grade everything right away so it doesn't build up on you.
- I know teachers with piles of ungraded homework and quizzes etc.
-Don't let that be you

Suggestion number 3: When in doubt...over plan
-in this case at least you have material for the next day.

Suggestion number 4: plan at least 2 days in advance in case you need worksheets run off
- Because I have 3 periods off I use those to copy my own worksheets while I should have them done by the school.
-Lessen your work load and have someone do it for you, its their job anyway.

Suggestion 5: My AP keeps telling me not to take my work home with me. So for tonight I planned for one day and preplanned for Tuesday and tomorrow during prep I will actually lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment