Thursday, December 2, 2010

midterm hell

Expect the unexpected.
You think you know but you have no idea.
The Shock to my system.....


Everything I thought I knew about my students changed when I graded my students midterms. It was probably the biggest shock to my system. I thought they understood, were they tricking me? How will I know? Imagine your sitting in class teaching and your students are actively listening and responding. They should do great on the midterm, or so I thought. I thought my colleagues were messing with me when they told me not to hold my breath but it happened. Do a feel like a failure, yes a little? But My question to you readers in what would you do next. You can't force students to study.




My plan of action:

  1. The students who care will be at tutoring.
  2. Extra Credit assignments galore.
  3. Enforcement of interactive review websites.
  4. The use of retesting through Plato software/ online class.
  5. Test Corrections.
  6. Adjust my expectations
  7. Adjust my teaching methods and go outside my comfort zone.
Will it work? Will this improve test scores? Or will this just prove as a wake up call for them and me.

Readers post comments and suggestions I need your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment